IPOD TO: Ben Kweller
WEB TO: The Digital Pencil

I made it out to see "Batman Begins" and "Howl's Moving Castle" this weekend. It seems like everyone is in love with the Batman movie except me. I am really tired of Comic Book movies in general and this is no exception. It IS the best Batman of the franchise thanks to the director. if you like realisim in your comic book flick, then you'll enjoy this. It's the complete opposite of Tim Burton's vision. I guess my problem is, no matter which way the mythology is told, it's still just Batman. The movie is a sensational summer blockbuster, and all that that implies.

"Howl's Moving Castle" on the otherhand was amazing! It never seizes to amaze me how fanciful and whimiscal Miyzaki's worlds are. This one is no different. Wizards, Witches, and Steam Powered technology! Gotta love it.

So I wanted to show you the Grapevine trail at one of the many scenic overlooks. This is the only shot I got because I forgot to bring the camera on the ride. So I rode back with it, and this is about 1/4 mile in from the trailhead. But there are several photo opportunites along the trail.
I'll try to snap some more shots of the trails we've been riding. If you didn't know any better, you woudn't know it was Dallas.

Comments