Excited About the Next Chapter!

 


So recently, I was part of a "Workforce Reduction" after 14.5 years at the Mill.  
I'm very grateful for my time at the Mill and those who brought me on as a VFX supervisor and everyone I worked alongside over those many years. Those are some of my fondest career memories.

The Mill+ is also where I was able to become a Commercial Director, and was lucky enough to offer my vision for some incredible brands.   Apple, BMW, Lexus, Ford, Lego, Mars, Hulu, Ikea, Samsung and of course Chantix are some of the most memorable experiences I've had as a Director.  

My time at the Mill has seen me stretch my wings out into Innovation and New technology.  I created 'Mascot', the award winning real-time puppet system that paved the way for innovative performance capturing for real-time cartoony characters. I was at the helm of 'Violet' the real-time vTuber who streamed 5 hours a day, 4 days a week for two years during pandemic lockdowns. All of it built the foundation of what I still believe to be an untapped market.

Most recently, I've been at the forefront of Generative AI, and helping introduce it's ethical use within traditional VFX pipelines both for efficiencies and motion design applications.  Helping clients such as Blondie, Dove, and Bulgari incorporate AI into their brand narratives has been really exciting and challenging.

A colleague once said something in reference to what I do that has always stuck with me.   He said, "You sell ideas where the method to make them don't yet exist."  Of course that makes producers nervous, but as a creative, it's the most exciting place to be.

So as I look back fondly on my time at the Mill, and the opportunities of growth it's offered me, I'm very excited and optimistic about this next chapter moving forward, and what it'll bring.

I'm eager to show you what I do next!

Jeff

Comments